Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Overview The Fourth District Agricultural and Mechanical (A & M) School records contain documents and artifacts pertaining to the school's establishment in 1906 by the Georgia General Assembly, and its operation from 1908-1933. The school was located just outside the city limits of Carrollton, Georgia in Carroll County. In 1933 the campus became West Georgia College. The records include information about school finances, student activities, as well as school publications. The records also include...
Dates: Majority of material found within Bulk, 1906-1933; 1891-2011 (bulk 1906-1933)
Overview Papers of William (known as W. Fred) Gunn, Dean of West Georgia College from 1933 to 1946.
Dates: Majority of material found within Bulk, 1944-1946; 1933-1958
Overview This collection contains 187 cassette tapes, 31 compact discs, 9 VHS tapes, and six paper transcripts. The recordings are oral history interviews, speeches, and musical instruction and performances.
Overview Public and private papers of the second principal of the Fourth District Agricultural and Mechanical School in Georgia, who then became the first president of West Georgia College. His term as the first president of West Georgia College lasted from 1933-1960.
Overview Materials of the Old Carroll County Historical Society, founded by Irvine S. Ingram on November 22, 1955 and predecessor to the Carroll County Historical Society. The organization disbanded in 1958.
Dates: Majority of material found within Bulk, 1955-1993; 1882-1993
Overview 135 scrapbooks created by the University Communications and Marketing division that provide insight into student activities on campus as well as campus, regional, and state history.
Dates: Majority of material found within Bulk, 1952-1970; 1939-1998