Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Overview Photographs produced by or published in the Chieftain West Georgia College's yearbook, 1923, 1940s-1980s.
Overview Scrapbooks, photographs, and documents about University of West Georgia history collected by a director of Alumni Relations at the University of West Georgia.
Dates: Majority of material found within Bulk, 1950-2008; 1907-2012
Overview The Fourth District Agricultural and Mechanical (A & M) School records contain documents and artifacts pertaining to the school's establishment in 1906 by the Georgia General Assembly, and its operation from 1908-1933. The school was located just outside the city limits of Carrollton, Georgia in Carroll County. In 1933 the campus became West Georgia College. The records include information about school finances, student activities, as well as school publications. The records also include...
Dates: Majority of material found within Bulk, 1906-1933; 1891-2011 (bulk 1906-1933)
Overview Papers of William (known as W. Fred) Gunn, Dean of West Georgia College from 1933 to 1946.
Dates: Majority of material found within Bulk, 1944-1946; 1933-1958
Overview This collection contains 187 cassette tapes, 31 compact discs, 9 VHS tapes, and six paper transcripts. The recordings are oral history interviews, speeches, and musical instruction and performances.
Overview Papers of Anne G. Ingram, daughter of first West Georgia College president, Irvine S. Ingram, and his wife Martha Munro.
Dates: Majority of material found within Bulk, 1930-2005; 1805-2005
Overview Public and private papers of the second principal of the Fourth District Agricultural and Mechanical School in Georgia, who then became the first president of West Georgia College. His term as the first president of West Georgia College lasted from 1933-1960.
Overview Various postcards of Carrollton and West Georgia region buildings, houses, and churches and scenes of the University of West Georgia campus.
Scope and Contents note The George Howell Robison and Mary Ethyl Robison Papers are a reflection of the early history of the University of West Georgia. The collection is composed of reunion correspondence, school work, newspaper clippings and photographs. Many of the items refer directly to the Fourth District A&M School, including graduation invitations and report cards.
Dates: bulk 1915-1985
- Carrollton (Ga.) -- History 4
- Carroll County (Ga.) -- History 2
- Carroll County (Ga.) -- Photographs 2
- College students -- Georgia 2
- Education -- Georgia -- Carrollton 2
- Education, Rural -- Georgia 2
- Junior colleges -- Georgia -- History 2
- Adult education -- Georgia 1
- Agricultural education -- Georgia 1
- Agricultural high schools -- Georgia 1
- Boarding schools -- Georgi 1
- Bowdon (Ga.) 1
- Bremen (Ga.) 1
- Carrollton (Ga.) 1
- Carrollton (Ga.) -- Photographs 1
- Class reunions -- Georgia -- Carrollton 1
- College students -- Georgia -- Carrollton -- History -- 20th century 1
- College yearbooks -- Georgia 1
- Educators -- United States -- Biography 1
- Oral histories (literary works) 1
- Oral history -- Georgia 1
- School boards--Georgia. 1
- Shape-note singing --Georgia. 1
- Tallapoosa (Ga.)--Photographs. 1
- Tallapoosa (Ga.). 1
- Trade schools--Georgia. 1
- Villa Rica (Ga.). 1 ∧ less