Scope and Content
Photographs and negatives created by, or utilized in, West Georgia College's yearbook, The Chieftain, which was produced under the auspices of Student Services from 1934-1981. The materials date from approximately 1943-1982 with at least one photograph from 1923. The bulk of the photographs have no identification.
- West Georgia College. Student Services (Organization)
Restrictions on Access
Open to all users; no restrictions.
Rights transferred to the University of West Georgia.
The Chieftain was the yearbook of West Georgia College from 1934 to 1981. Each yearbook contained news about the campus and photographs of students and faculty, student activities, and other events on campus. The Chieftain won first honor ratings several times from the National Scholastic Press Association throughout its publication.
1.89 Linear feet (5 boxes)
Photographs produced by or published in the Chieftain West Georgia College's yearbook, 1923, 1940s-1980s.
Arranged alphabetically by file title.
Transferred from Student Services at an unknown date.
Processed by Jennifer Little and Candice Larson in 2014 and Jennah MacPherson in 2021.
- College students -- Georgia
- College yearbooks -- Georgia
- Fourth District Agricultural and Mechanical School (Carrollton, Ga.) -- Alumni
- West Georgia College -- Students -- Yearbooks
- Guide to the Chieftain Photographs
- Jennifer Little and Candice Larson in 2014. Jennah MacPherson in 2021.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Finding aid converted with funds from a UWG FY14 Presidential Assistance Grant.