Skip to main content

Postcard collection

 Collection
Identifier: LH-0067

Scope and Contents note

This collection contains various postcards that depict buildings around Carrollton and the University of West Georgia campus, such as the City Hall, Mandeville Mills, Adamson Hall, Melson Hall, and others. There are also postcards included which show important streets, homes, and seasons within the county. Furthermore, the images in these postcards range in regards to year, so that the postcards display the changing landscape of Carrollton over various decades. A couple postcards relate to Tallapoosa in Haralson County.

Dates

  • 1905-2010

Restrictions on Access

Open to all users; no restrictions.

Extent

0.21 Linear feet (1 box)

Language

English

Overview

Various postcards of Carrollton and West Georgia region buildings, houses, and churches and scenes of the University of West Georgia campus.

Arrangement

Arranged by location or topic.

Ownership and Custodial History

A selection transferred from the Georgia Department of Archives and History in 1994 and 2003 and a single postcard [unknown] donated by J. Marshall and Melanie White in February, 1995.

General Note

Related collections in this repository: Carroll County Photographs, LH-0028; Fourth District Agricultural and Mechanical School Records, UA-0007; Mandeville Mills Collection, LH-0033.
Title
Guide to the Postcard Collection LH-0067
Subtitle
LH-0067
Author
Finding aid prepared by Prepared by Danilo M. Baylen
Date
2014
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
Undetermined
Script of description
Code for undetermined script
Language of description note
English

Repository Details

Part of the University of West Georgia Special Collections Repository

Contact:
Special Collections, Ingram Library
University of West Georgia
1601 Maple Street
Carrollton GA 30118-2000 United States