Carrollton (Ga.) -- History
Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Found in 40 Collections and/or Records:
Overview This collection contains photographs and photographic negatives of Carroll County, Georgia. Most depict Carrollton, Georgia at the turn of the twentieth century and include scenery such as Adamson Square and the Fourth District A & M School.
Dates: Majority of material found within Bulk, 1860-1971; bulk 1860-1971
Overview The Carrollton Historic Preservation Commission first met on May 22, 1987. The five original commissioners were Steve McCutcheon, John Burson, Cherie Stoddard, Susan Ingle, and Jimmy Tuggle. The Carrollton Historic Preservation Commission was a local city government project that adhered to federal guidelines concerning historic buildings and historic districts. It quickly became a local government entity that interacted with the citizenry concerning historic homes.
Dates: Majority of material found within Bulk, 1983-1993; bulk 1983-1993
Overview In 1978, CBS Records announced it would open a manufacturing plant in Carrollton, Georgia. With its proximity to a major interstate, an airport, and railroads, Carrollton was an ideal location for a plant. Even more appealing to CBS Records was the lack of a strong union presence. Controversy over their hiring practices erupted, especially after the Terra Haute, Indiana plant was closed. The plant in Carrollton, which was the largest recorded-music manufacturing plant in the world, closed in...
Overview This collection consists of nine cartes de visite and cabinet cards, along with a remembrance card for S.M. Crider. Other people represented here are Benjamin H. Crider and Bertha Dewberry.
Overview The local Carrollton chapter of the D.A.R., the McIntosh Reserve, was started on April 1, 1914 and disbanded in October of 1918.