Skip to main content

Carrollton Garden Club records

 Collection
Identifier: LH-0097

Scope and Contents note

By-laws, constitution, correspondence, history, ledgers, minutes, scrapbooks, treasurer's files, yearbooks, scrapbooks, certificates, and other materials relating to the Carrollton Garden Club.

Of particular note is the annual civic beautification award from Rich's Department Store in Atlanta which was presented to the Carrollton Garden Club in 1961.

Dates

  • 1928-1984

Creator

Conditions Governing Access note

Open to all users.

Conditions Governing Use note

As stipulated by U.S. copyright laws.

Biographical/Historical note

The Carrollton Garden Club was organized on November 9, 1928. The membership was initially composed of twenty-five women who were interested in beautifying the City of Carrollton. The Club established its constitution and by-laws in 1930. Mrs. H.H. Word was a member from the club's earliest years and served as President from 1937 to 1948.

Extent

3.74 Linear feet (3 boxes; 1 ov flat box)

Language

English

Overview

This collection contains materials related to the history of the Carrollton Garden Club from its organization in 1928 to 1984.

Arrangement note

Arranged as received.

Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements note

Scrapbook pages in Oversize Box 4 are brittle. Some pages may be stuck together. Please ask for assistance.

Immediate Source of Acquisition note

This collection was transferred from the Carroll County Genealogical Society on December 18, 2017. It was previously housed in the Neva Lomason Memorial Library's Special Collections.
Title
Guide to the Carrollton Garden Club Records LH-0097
Status
Completed
Author
Finding aid prepared by Catherine Hendricks
Date
2018
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin
Language of description note
Description is in English

Repository Details

Part of the University of West Georgia Special Collections Repository

Contact:
Special Collections, Ingram Library
University of West Georgia
1601 Maple Street
Carrollton GA 30118-2000 United States