Carrollton Junior Woman’s Club records
Scope and Contents note
This collection contains by-laws, a club history, meeting minutes for the Georgia Federation of Women’s Clubs, notes on officers and awards, procedural literature, and yearbooks.
- Carrollton Junior Woman’s Club. (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access note
Open to all users; no restrictions
Conditions Governing Use note
Rights have been transferred to the University of West Georgia.
The Carrollton Junior Woman’s Club was federated in January 1958 under the leadership of Mrs. W. P. Clopton, the club’s first president, and Mrs. Fred Hutchins. The club has organized many community outreach programs throughout its existence including annual art shows, school-wide audiometer testing programs, inoculation programs, and the relocation of the West Georgia Regional Library. Currently, as part of the Georgia Federation of Women’s Clubs, the Carrollton Junior Woman’s Club has chosen to focus and create programs centered on childhood literacy.
0.21 Linear feet (1 box)
Materials of the Carrollton Junior Woman’s Club, a community outreach organization focused on creating programs that recognize and help individuals in the Carrollton area.
Arranged alphabetically by file title.
Immediate Source of Acquisition note
Donated by Robert J. Harker, Esq., Conservator of the Stallings Estate on February 23, 2014.
Processing Information note
Processed by Candice Larson in 2015.
- Guide to the Carrollton Junior Woman’s Club records LH-0058
- Finding aid prepared by Written by Candice Larson
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Description is in English