Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Overview The Fourth District Agricultural and Mechanical (A & M) School records contain documents and artifacts pertaining to the school's establishment in 1906 by the Georgia General Assembly, and its operation from 1908-1933. The school was located just outside the city limits of Carrollton, Georgia in Carroll County. In 1933 the campus became West Georgia College. The records include information about school finances, student activities, as well as school publications. The records also include...
Dates: Majority of material found within Bulk, 1906-1933; 1891-2011 (bulk 1906-1933)
Overview Papers of William (known as W. Fred) Gunn, Dean of West Georgia College from 1933 to 1946.
Dates: Majority of material found within Bulk, 1944-1946; 1933-1958
Overview Papers of Dr. Thomas A. Hart, the first biology professor at West Georgia College.
Dates: Majority of material found within Bulk, 1983-1994; 1933-1994
Overview This collection contains 187 cassette tapes, 31 compact discs, 9 VHS tapes, and six paper transcripts. The recordings are oral history interviews, speeches, and musical instruction and performances.
Overview Papers of Anne G. Ingram, daughter of first West Georgia College president, Irvine S. Ingram, and his wife Martha Munro.
Dates: Majority of material found within Bulk, 1930-2005; 1805-2005
Overview Public and private papers of the second principal of the Fourth District Agricultural and Mechanical School in Georgia, who then became the first president of West Georgia College. His term as the first president of West Georgia College lasted from 1933-1960.
Overview Materials of the Old Carroll County Historical Society, founded by Irvine S. Ingram on November 22, 1955 and predecessor to the Carroll County Historical Society. The organization disbanded in 1958.
Dates: Majority of material found within Bulk, 1955-1993; 1882-1993
Overview 135 scrapbooks created by the University Communications and Marketing division that provide insight into student activities on campus as well as campus, regional, and state history.
Dates: Majority of material found within Bulk, 1952-1970; 1939-1998
- Carrollton (Ga.) -- History 3
- Education -- Georgia -- Carrollton 2
- Education, Rural -- Georgia 2
- Junior colleges -- Georgia -- History 2
- Adult education -- Georgia 1
- Agricultural education -- Georgia 1
- Agricultural high schools -- Georgia 1
- Boarding schools -- Georgi 1
- Bowdon (Ga.) 1
- Bremen (Ga.) 1
- Carroll County (Ga.) -- History 1
- Carrollton (Ga.) 1
- College students -- Georgia -- Carrollton -- History -- 20th century 1
- Educators -- United States -- Biography 1
- Georgia -- History -- Societies, etc. 1
- Horizon House. 1
- Oral histories (literary works) 1
- Oral history -- Georgia 1
- School boards--Georgia. 1
- Shape-note singing --Georgia. 1
- Societies--History, organization, etc. 1
- Tallapoosa (Ga.). 1
- Trade schools--Georgia. 1
- Villa Rica (Ga.). 1 ∧ less
- West Georgia College 6
- Fourth District Agricultural and Mechanical School (Carrollton, Ga.) 5
- Ingram, Anne Gayle 2
- Julius Rosenwald Fund 2
- Melson, John Holland, 1870-1952 2
- Bonner, James C. (James Calvin), 1904-1984 1
- Carroll County Genealogical Society (Ga.) 1
- Carroll County Historical Society, Inc.. 1
- Conroy, Pat 1
- Gentry, Rita Pruitt. 1
- Gingrich, Newt 1
- Gunn, W. Fred, 1885-1964 1
- Hart, Thomas A., 1905-1994 1
- House, Myron W. (Myron Wade), 1951- 1
- Ingram, Martha Munro, 1896-1955 1
- Lancaster, Mayhayley, 1875-1955 1
- Lit-Mu Club (Carrollton, Ga.) 1
- McIntosh, William, approximately 1775-1825 1
- Old Carroll County Historical Society (Ga.) 1
- Richards, Fred. 1
- Stanley, Julian C., 1918-2006 1
- University of West Georgia 1
- West Georgia College. University Communications and Marketing 1
- West Georgia Regional Library System 1
- Wright, H. T. 1 ∧ less