Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Found in 14 Collections and/or Records:
Overview This collection contains photographs and photographic negatives of Carroll County, Georgia. Most depict Carrollton, Georgia at the turn of the twentieth century and include scenery such as Adamson Square and the Fourth District A & M School.
Dates: Majority of material found within Bulk, 1860-1971; bulk 1860-1971
Overview The Carrollton Historic Preservation Commission first met on May 22, 1987. The five original commissioners were Steve McCutcheon, John Burson, Cherie Stoddard, Susan Ingle, and Jimmy Tuggle. The Carrollton Historic Preservation Commission was a local city government project that adhered to federal guidelines concerning historic buildings and historic districts. It quickly became a local government entity that interacted with the citizenry concerning historic homes.
Dates: Majority of material found within Bulk, 1983-1993; bulk 1983-1993
Overview This collection contains original records from the City Court of Carrollton in Carroll County, Georgia, dating from 1885 to 1947. This collection consists of criminal dockets, execution dockets, minutes, and records of writs.
Dates: Approximately 1885-1947
Overview This collection consists of nine cartes de visite and cabinet cards, along with a remembrance card for S.M. Crider. Other people represented here are Benjamin H. Crider and Bertha Dewberry.
Overview The Fourth District Agricultural and Mechanical (A & M) School records contain documents and artifacts pertaining to the school's establishment in 1906 by the Georgia General Assembly, and its operation from 1908-1933. The school was located just outside the city limits of Carrollton, Georgia in Carroll County. In 1933 the campus became West Georgia College. The records include information about school finances, student activities, as well as school publications. The records also include...
Dates: Majority of material found within Bulk, 1906-1933; 1891-2011 (bulk 1906-1933)
Overview Grace Lutheran Church was formed in 1979, originally meeting in the Oak Mountain Academy gymnasium. The church moved to a storefront near Brown and Stewart streets in 1981. Groundbreaking for its own facility off of Bankhead Highway was held in 1983 and dedication services were held in 1984. Materials document the church's history, programs and services.
Overview A collection of materials related to the life and career of Susan Hayward, an Academy Award-winning actress of the mid-twentieth century. Her career spanned several decades, from the 1940s to the 1970s.
Dates: 1942 - 2001