City Court of Carrollton records
Scope and Content
The City Court of Carrollton grouping contains one box of loose items and five bound volumes which date from 1885 to 1938, on criminal dockets, execution dockets, minutes, and records of writs.
- Approximately 1885-1947
- City Court of Carrollton (Ga.) (Organization)
Restrictions on Access
Open to all users; no restrictions.
As stipulated by U.S. copyright laws.
A City Court typically has jurisdiction with regard to civil, criminal, and traffic matters. It has criminal jurisdiction over offenses punishable by fines or shorter jail terms. The City Court of Carrollton heard criminal offenses including but not limited to: larceny, riot, abandonment, carrying a pistol without a license, selling liquor, gambling, public drunkenness, disturbing divine service, escapement from chain gang, vagrancy, wife beating, adultery and fornication, and cheating and swindling.
3.21 Linear feet (1 box and 5 bound volumes)
This collection contains original records from the City Court of Carrollton in Carroll County, Georgia, dating from 1885 to 1947. This collection consists of criminal dockets, execution dockets, minutes, and records of writs.
Arranged alphabetically by title.
Donated by Alan J. Lee, Clerk of Carroll County Superior Court, in November 2013.
Processed by Julie Bogle, 2014.
- Guide to the City Court of Carrollton records Approximately 1885-1947 LH-0011
- Finding aid prepared by Written by Julie Bogle, 2014
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Description is in English
- Finding aid converted with funds from a UWG FY14 Presidential Assistance Grant.