Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Overview Two medallions in original boxes, one in pewter and one in bronze, designed by sculptor Joseph E. Renier. They feature Robert E. Lee and Ulysses S. Grant with the words “Let Us Have Peace” and “Consciousness of Duty Faithfully Performed.”
Overview These are various items gathered in one collection because provenance is not apparent and the theme of these materials is the Confederate government and army of the Civil War.
Overview The Cobb's Legion Infantry, Company B, of the Confederate States of America, otherwise known as the "Bowdon Volunteers" was formed in 1861 by Charles A. McDaniel, the founder and first president of Bowdon College.
Overview This collection consists of original letters and photographs, as well as copies of both, from the Hargrave family of Carroll County, Georgia.
Overview An original letter sent to Mrs. Melindah J. Boyd Groce from Moses Gresham Herrin in Columbus, Mississippi to inform her that her husband, Confederate soldier Lewis Dudley Groce, had died in the Civil War in 1862.
Overview This collection was artifically assembeled by the Newnan Coweta Historical Society (NCHS) at an unknown date. This collection is primarily composed of historic photographs of people in and around newnan and coweta. The NCHS maintains a separate collection of historic photographs of buildings in and around Newnan and Coweta county.
Found in: Newnan-Coweta Historical Society
Scope and Contents note Ledger containing meeting minutes, membership lists, information pertaining to the Confederate monument in Carroll County, and other materials.
Overview The United Daughter of the Confederacy, Annie Wheeler Chapter #391 is located within Carroll County and was originally chartered on June 19, 1901, but was disbanded in 1976. It was later re-chartered on March 10, 2010. The chapter is named after Annie Early Wheeler, the daughter of U.S. Representative Joseph Wheeler, who was a nurse in the Spanish-American War and World War One. The goal of the chapter is to provide an education to the public about Carroll County's Civil War involvement, as...
- Subject: United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865 X
- University of West Georgia Special Collections 7
- Newnan-Coweta Historical Society 1
- Bobick, Bridget 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. Cobb's Legion. Infantry Battalion. Company B 1
- Confederate States of America. Army 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. Georgia Infantry Regiment, 41st 1
- Fouse, Ephraim D., 1841-1913 1
- Grant, Ulysses S. (Ulysses Simpson), 1822-1885 1
- Groce, Lewis Dudley, -1862 1
- Groce, Malinda J. Boyd, 1827-1890 1
- Hargrave family 1
- Herrin, Moses Gresham, 1815-1885 1
- Ku Klux Klan (19th century) 1
- Lee, Robert E. (Robert Edward), 1807-1870 1
- Renier, Joseph E. 1
- Sons of Confederate Veterans (Organization). McDaniel-Curtis Camp 165 (Carroll County, Ga.) 1
- United Daughters of the Confederacy. Annie Wheeler Chapter no. 391 (1901-1976) 1
- United Daughters of the Confederacy. Annie Wheeler Chapter no. 391 (2010- ) 1
- United Daughters of the Confederacy. Georgia Division 1
- United States. Civil War Centennial Commission 1
- Wright, Marcus J. (Marcus Joseph), 1831-1922 1 ∧ less