Skip to main content

Sons of Confederate Veterans, McDaniel-Curtis Camp #165 ledger

 Collection
Identifier: LH-0113

Scope and Contents note

Ledger containing meeting minutes, membership lists, information pertaining to the Confederate monument in Carroll County, and other materials.

Dates

  • 1908-1913

Creator

Conditions Governing Access note

Open to all users.

Conditions Governing Use note

Rights transferred to the University of West Georgia.

Biographical/Historical note

The mission of the Sons of Confederate Veterans, McDaniel-Curtis Camp #165 is to serve as a "historical, patriotic, and non-political hierarchy lineage organization dedicated to insuring that the true history of the 1861-1865 period is preserved" (https://www.facebook.com/pg/McDanielCurtis165SCV/about/?ref=page_internal).

The Camp is named in honor of Charles A. McDaniel (1830-1862), who formed the "Bowdon Volunteers" which joined Cobb's Legion Infantry, Company B, in the Confederate States of America Army, and William E. Curtis (-1864), who was raised in Carrollton, enlisted, and was elected captain of Company F, 19 Reigment, Georgia Infantry from Carroll County. Upon the death of Charles A. McDaniel, Curtis was promoted to Colonel of the 41 Georgia Regiment.

Extent

0.21 Linear feet (1 box)

Immediate Source of Acquisition note

Gift of Teddy Thomas, Commander, on November 2, 2018.
Title
Guide to the Sons of Confederate Veterans, McDaniel-Curtis Camp #165 ledger LH-0113
Status
Completed
Author
Finding aid prepared by Blynne Olivieri
Date
2018
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard

Repository Details

Part of the University of West Georgia Special Collections Repository

Contact:
Special Collections, Ingram Library
University of West Georgia
1601 Maple Street
Carrollton GA 30118-2000 United States