Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Overview Papers of William (known as W. Fred) Gunn, Dean of West Georgia College from 1933 to 1946.
Dates: Majority of material found within Bulk, 1944-1946; 1933-1958
Overview Public and private papers of the second principal of the Fourth District Agricultural and Mechanical School in Georgia, who then became the first president of West Georgia College. His term as the first president of West Georgia College lasted from 1933-1960.
Overview Papers of Collus O. Johnson, an education professor and Associate Director of Adult Education at West Georgia College from 1951 to 1964. In 1967, he became Director of Continuing Education. He was a leader of the “College in the Country,” a program to bring education to the region’s remote communities through collaboration with the college’s faculty and education students. He was instrumental in arranging international “studycades” during which local educators and students to participate in...
Overview This collection contains materials related to Sand Hill School, Burwell School, Flat Rocks School, McGiboney School, Oak Mountain School, and Tallapoosa School, all elementary schools designated as Laboratory Schools associated with the West Georgia College Rural Teacher Training Education Program.
Dates: 1933-1983; Majority of material found in 1933-1964
- Subject: Education, Rural -- Georgia X
- Adult education -- Georgia 2
- Education -- Georgia -- Carrollton 2
- Junior colleges -- Georgia -- History 2
- Carroll County (Ga.) 1
- Carrollton (Ga.) -- History 1
- Educators -- United States -- Biography 1
- Exchange of persons programs, American 1
- West Georgia College. 1 ∧ less
- West Georgia College 3
- Fourth District Agricultural and Mechanical School (Carrollton, Ga.) 2
- Ingram, Irvine Sullivan, 1892-1981 2
- Julius Rosenwald Fund 2
- Gunn, W. Fred, 1885-1964 1