Showing Collections: 31 - 40 of 43
Overview Papers of Mitch Seabaugh (1960- ), a Georgia State Senator from 2001 to 2010. Seabaugh was elected the Republican majority whip during his second term. He served on multiple committees including Appropriations, Finance, and Regulated Industries and Utilities.
Dates: Majority of material found within Bulk, 2002-2010; 1993-2010
Overview Beheruz Sethna was the sixth president of the University of West Georgia (1994-2013), hired when it was still known as West Georgia College. Dr. Sethna taught in the College of Business throughout his tenure. Sethna also served twice (1999-2000 and 2006-2007) as the Interim Executive/Senior Vice Chancellor for the University System of Georgia.
Overview Legislative papers of Representative John Simpson who represented Georgia’s 70th District (Carroll and Douglas counties) in the state House of Representatives as a Democrat from 1987-1996.
Dates: Majority of material found within Bulk, 1989-1991; 1974-1991
Overview This collection contains memorabilia from State University of West Georgia.
Overview Papers of professor emeritus of history and Newt Gingrich biographer, Mel Steely. Steely taught at the University of West Georgia from 1964 to 2004 and worked as a congressional advisor for Newt Gingrich from 1978 to 1992.
Overview Brochures, histories, biographical information, informational guides, publications, flyers, photos, reports, and other materials pertaining to the West Georgia region.
Dates: 1897, 1902-1905, 1912-1913,1918, 1924, 1949 and Approximately 1970s to 2020s
Overview Legislative papers of Charles A. Thomas, who represented District 69, which is made up of parts of Carroll and Douglas counties, in the Georgia State House of Representatives from 1979-1990. The majority of the material in the collection consists of correspondence from constituents and colleagues, committee related work, and house bills and resolutions.
Overview Materials related to the Centennial Celebration (2006-2007) marking the 100th anniversary of the founding of the University of West Georgia with the primary document being the Centennial Report compiled by Centennal Celebration Community Co-Chairs Drs. Anne and Fred Richards.
Overview A quilt, entitled "From Rural Roots to Global Reach," made for the University of West Georgia's Centennial by the West Georgia Quilters Guild in August 2007 and an accompanying plaque bearing the names of the quilters and their individual contributions to the project. The Centennial Quilt was designed by Bruce Bobick, chair of the Department of Art from 1979 to 2005.
Dates: August 2007
- Subject: Georgia -- History X
- Ingram, Irvine Sullivan, 1892-1981 3
- West Georgia College 3
- Fourth District Agricultural and Mechanical School (Carrollton, Ga.) 2
- Julius Rosenwald Fund 2
- McGinnis, Joe, 1936- 2
- State University of West Georgia 2
- University of West Georgia 2
- Amos, Elijah M. 1
- Beulah Primitive Baptist Association. 1
- Burford, Philip H., 1774- 1
- Cane Creek Primitive Baptist Association 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. Cobb's Legion. Infantry Battalion. Company B 1
- Confederate States of America. Army 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. Georgia Infantry Regiment, 41st 1
- Fouse, Ephraim D., 1841-1913 1
- Georgia. General Assembly. House of Representatives 1
- Georgia. Treasury Department 1
- Groce, Lewis Dudley, -1862 1
- Groce, Malinda J. Boyd, 1827-1890 1
- Gunn, W. Fred, 1885-1964 1
- Hamilton, George B. (George Bright), 1891-1971 1
- Herrin, Moses Gresham, 1815-1885 1
- Irvine Sullivan Ingram Library 1
- Larson, Lewis H., 1927-2012 1
- Little Vine Primitive Baptist Association 1
- Marietta Old School Primitive Baptist Association 1
- McIntosh, William, approximately 1775-1825 1
- Melson, John Holland, 1870-1952 1
- New Hope Primitive Baptist Association 1
- Nichols, Simon Wood 1
- Old Carroll County Historical Society (Ga.) 1
- Original Ochlocknee Primitive Baptist Association 1
- Primitive Baptist Association. 1
- Seabaugh, Mitchell 1
- Talmadge, Eugene, 1884-1946 1
- Thomas, Charles A., 1948- 1
- United Daughters of the Confederacy. Annie Wheeler Chapter no. 391 (1901-1976) 1
- United Daughters of the Confederacy. Annie Wheeler Chapter no. 391 (2010- ) 1
- United Daughters of the Confederacy. Georgia Division 1
- University System of Georgia. Board of Regents 1
- West Georgia College. Vice President for Academic Affairs. 1
- Wick, John B. 1
- Women's Missionary Union Carrollton Baptist Association. 1 ∧ less