Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Overview Papers of William (known as W. Fred) Gunn, Dean of West Georgia College from 1933 to 1946.
Dates: Majority of material found within Bulk, 1944-1946; 1933-1958
Overview Public and private papers of the second principal of the Fourth District Agricultural and Mechanical School in Georgia, who then became the first president of West Georgia College. His term as the first president of West Georgia College lasted from 1933-1960.
Overview This collection contains college financial audits and Board of Regents policy manuals. The policy manuals include the by-laws of the BOR. The audits were conducted by the state Department of Audits on West Georgia College, as the institution was originally known. One record of note is the state plan for the desegregation of the universities of Georgia. This plan was written for the Director of the Office for Civil Rights in Washington, D.C. by the BOR to provide guidelines and goals for the...
Dates: 1974-2006, n.d.
- Education -- Georgia -- Carrollton 2
- Education, Rural -- Georgia 2
- Junior colleges -- Georgia -- History 2
- Adult education -- Georgia 1
- Carrollton (Ga.) -- History 1
- Fourth District Agricultural and Mechanical School (Carrollton, Ga.) 2
- Ingram, Irvine Sullivan, 1892-1981 2
- Julius Rosenwald Fund 2
- Gunn, W. Fred, 1885-1964 1
- Melson, John Holland, 1870-1952 1