Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Overview Activities of the University of West Georgia Chapter of the American Association of University Professors (AAUP), a professional organization that seeks to advocate for academic freedom and shared governance, to define ethics and standards, and to support higher education as a beneficial contribution to the community.
Overview Faculty Senate records include meeting minutes, agendas, and presidential responses for West Georgia College, the State University of West Georgia, and the University of West Georgia.
Dates: Majority of material found within Bulk, 1973-2002; 1969-2016
Overview Papers of Dr. J. T. Ford, who was appointed as the Executive Assistant for Administration at West Georgia College on August 1, 1972. Much of his collection documents the various positions and roles held while at the college until his resignation in 1977. The collection contains correspondence, memorandum, agendas, and more.
Dates: Majority of material found within Bulk, 1972-1976; 1968-1976
Overview Papers of Dr. John T. Lewis, III, Vice President and Dean of Faculties at West Georgia College from 1977 until 1993.
Dates: Majority of material found within Bulk, 1977-1988; 1960-1989
Overview This collection contains documents collected by the President’s Office at the University of West Georgia. The bulk of the collected documents span 1985-2018 and cover the UWG presidencies of Dr. Maurice Townsend, Dr. Beheruz Sethna, and Dr. Kyle Marrero. Materials include information related to institutional research and planning, files on state political figures, court cases and grievances, master plans, internal audits, buildings and dormitories on campus, university system files (Board of...
Dates: Majority of material found within 1985-2018; 1976-2019
Scope and Contents note The collection consists of papers of Vachel Davis Whatley and the Whatley family from ca. 1892-1944. The papers include accounts, sporadic correspondence, daybooks, a diary (1915) of Annice L. Whatley containing clippings and writings, a diary (1933-1937) of Vachel D. Whatley's daily activities, school and attendance records (1908-1912) for Bowdon College (Ga.), and scrapbooks containing clippings and printed material. The materials mainly pertain to Vachel D. Whatley and document his...
Dates: Approximately 1892-1944
- Subject: Universities and colleges--Georgia--Administration X
- West Georgia College 3
- American Association of University Professors 1
- American Association of University Professors. Georgia Conference 1
- American Association of University Professors. University of West Georgia Chapter 1
- Bowdon College 1
- Ford, J. T. , 1920- 1
- Kaiser, Roger, 1939- 1
- Lewis, John T., III, 1930- 1
- Roll, William G. (William George), 1926-2012 1
- State University of West Georgia 1
- State University of West Georgia. Faculty Senate 1
- University of West Georgia 1
- University of West Georgia. Faculty Senate 1
- West Georgia College. Faculty Senate 1
- West Georgia College. Vice President for Academic Affairs. 1
- Whatley, Annice Lucile, 1900-1975 1
- Whatley, George Fields, 1911- 1
- Whatley, John Walton, 1905-1987 1
- Whatley, Lizzie Alberta, 1877-1932 1
- Whatley, Vachel Davis, 1868-1946 1
- Whatley, Vachel Davis, 1903-1996 1 ∧ less