Skip to main content

West Georgia College Faculty Wives Club records

 Collection
Identifier: MS-0057

Scope and Contents note

This collection contains membership lists, scrapbooks, and yearbooks of the West Georgia College Faculty Wives Club.

Dates

  • 1960-1984

Creator

Conditions Governing Access note

Open to all users; no restrictions

Conditions Governing Use note

Rights have been transferred to the University of West Georgia.

Biographical/Historical note

The West Georgia College Faculty Wives Club began in 1960 as a voluntary social organization with the goal of fostering relationships among the wives of the faculty and administrative staff at WGC. The club met once a week and organized special interest groups which met on different days. These groups included swing dancing, scrabble, bridge, needlework, reading club, and meeting for coffee. The name of the organization changed in 1977 to the Faculty Womens Club and in 1985 the club was disbanded.

Extent

1.21 Linear feet (1 box and 3 scrapbooks)

Language

English

Overview

Materials of the West Georgia College Faculty Wives Club, a voluntary social organization lasting from 1960 to 1985.

Arrangement note

Arranged alphabetically by file title. Scrapbooks are arranged chronologically.

Immediate Source of Acquisition note

The scrapbooks were donated by Charles Wilson some time before 2006. The additional materials were donated by Mrs. James Matthews in November 2011.

Processing Information note

Processed by Blynne Olivieri and Candice Larson in 2015
Title
Guide to the West Georgia College Faculty Wives Club records MS-0057
Status
Completed
Author
Finding aid prepared by Written by Candice Larson
Date
2015
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin
Language of description note
Description is in English

Repository Details

Part of the University of West Georgia Special Collections Repository

Contact:
Special Collections, Ingram Library
University of West Georgia
1601 Maple Street
Carrollton GA 30118-2000 United States