Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Found in 17 Collections and/or Records:
Overview This account book spans the years 1817 to 1861 and is a record of payments received for medical services, goods and products, and for the estates of several men, which Philip H. Burford appears to have administered. It also contains several recipes for remedies of ailments such as affected lungs, neuralgia, dropsy and venereal disease. There is no reference to Carroll County in these pages, but the book was found in the attic of the Coleman home on Newnan Street in Carrollton nearly 100 years...
Dates: bulk 1817-1861
Overview This collection contains photographs and photographic negatives of Carroll County, Georgia. Most depict Carrollton, Georgia at the turn of the twentieth century and include scenery such as Adamson Square and the Fourth District A & M School.
Dates: Majority of material found within Bulk, 1860-1971; bulk 1860-1971
Overview This collection contains original grand jury records from Carroll County, Georgia, dating from 1890 to 1948. The grand jury heard cases for the crimes of abandonment, adultery, murder, bigamy, and wife-beating, and the true bills cover two time periods (1891-1918 and 1937-1948).
Overview Records of The Carroll/Heard Retired Educators Association, a branch of the Georgia Retired Educators Association, Inc. (GREA). The group is also referred to in some records as the Carroll County Retired Teachers Association.
Overview The Carrollton Historic Preservation Commission first met on May 22, 1987. The five original commissioners were Steve McCutcheon, John Burson, Cherie Stoddard, Susan Ingle, and Jimmy Tuggle. The Carrollton Historic Preservation Commission was a local city government project that adhered to federal guidelines concerning historic buildings and historic districts. It quickly became a local government entity that interacted with the citizenry concerning historic homes.
Dates: Majority of material found within Bulk, 1983-1993; bulk 1983-1993
Overview The Cobb's Legion Infantry, Company B, of the Confederate States of America, otherwise known as the "Bowdon Volunteers" was formed in 1861 by Charles A. McDaniel, the founder and first president of Bowdon College.
Dates: Approximately 1910
Overview This collection consists of nine cartes de visite and cabinet cards, along with a remembrance card for S.M. Crider. Other people represented here are Benjamin H. Crider and Bertha Dewberry.
Overview Grace Lutheran Church was formed in 1979, originally meeting in the Oak Mountain Academy gymnasium. The church moved to a storefront near Brown and Stewart streets in 1981. Groundbreaking for its own facility off of Bankhead Highway was held in 1983 and dedication services were held in 1984. Materials document the church's history, programs and services.