Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 62
Overview Correspondence, manuscripts, reports, photographs, publications, and other materials reflecting Anthony’s professional roles in the Georgia House of Representatives from 1977-1995, including his time as an aide to Speaker Thomas B. Murphy from 1981-1995; as executive director of the Democratic Party of Georgia from 1995-1998; and other related materials.
Overview Early press releases issued by Congressman Barr during his time in office.
Overview Audio-visual materials containing the campaign ads, TV news casts, documentaries, news conferences, speeches, testimonies, and other speaking engagements of Congressman Barr.
Overview Books collected by Congressman Barr during his terms in the House of Representatives.
Dates: circa 1990s-2003
Overview Meeting information and speeches, a majority of the folders are related to ACLU events and local (counties and cities in west Georgia) political events.
Overview Materials relating to Bob Barr’s role in the state GOP, specifically in Cobb County, before his own run for Congress. There are several folders on George Bush and Barr’s activities to support Bush’s (unsuccessful) bid for president in 1980.
Overview Materials relating to Bob Barr’s first term in office which lasted from January 1995 to January 1997, including the Waco hearings and trial.
Overview Materials relating to Bob Barr’s second term in office which lasted from January 1997 to January 1999, including items pertaining to the U.S. v. Microsoft decision on issues of sales monopolies on operating systems and web browsers, the 1998 bombings of several U.S. embassies in East Africa, and the impeachment trial of President Clinton.
Overview Materials relating to Bob Barr’s second and third terms in office which lasted from January 1997 to January 2001.
- Subject: Georgia -- Politics and government X
- Georgia. General Assembly. House of Representatives 3
- Gingrich, Newt 3
- McGinnis, Joe, 1936- 2
- Amos, Elijah M. 1
- Boyd, R. David, 1938- 1
- Breedlove, Jeff. 1
- Breedlove, Kathryn. 1
- Claxton, Robert H., 1942-2019 1
- Garner, Joseph Wayne, 1951- 1
- Georgia. Treasury Department 1
- Hamilton, George B. (George Bright), 1891-1971 1
- Jones, Pledger B., 1885-1961 1
- Maddox, Lester, 1915-2003 1
- Nichols, Simon Wood 1
- Republican Party (Ga.) 1
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 1
- Seabaugh, Mitchell 1
- Talmadge, Eugene, 1884-1946 1
- Thomas, Charles A., 1948- 1
- Threadgill, Jack E., 1930-2010 1
- United Daughters of the Confederacy. Annie Wheeler Chapter no. 391 (1901-1976) 1
- United Daughters of the Confederacy. Annie Wheeler Chapter no. 391 (2010- ) 1
- United Daughters of the Confederacy. Georgia Division 1
- West Georgia College 1
- Wick, John B. 1
- Wood, Gus. 1 ∧ less