Showing Collections: 61 - 70 of 106
Overview This collection gives a timeline of the renovation from funding in memory of Georgia House Speaker Thomas B. Murphy to completion of the project.Records of the 2009-2012 renovation of the Irvine Sullivan Ingram Library and including earlier documents that set the stage for the renovation. Accumulated by Dean Lorene Flanders and including additional documents related to the building of the Library (and the Academic Quad) in 1968, the Library's 1978 addition, and other architectural...
Dates: 1968 - 2013
Overview Records related to the administrative operations of the library at the institution consecutively known as West Georgia College, the State University of West Georgia, and the University of West Georgia, from 1947 to 2018.
Overview Papers related to the teaching and writing career of John E. Ferling, professor emeritus of history at the University of West Georgia and the author of numerous books and other publications on the American Revolution and the Early Republic.
Dates: 1960 - 2020
Overview Papers of Stanley Krippner, a renowned humanistic psychologist whose focus of study includes dreams, altered states of consciousness, hypnosis, shamanism, dissociation, and parapsychological subjects.
Overview The Division of Social Sciences annual reports and meeting minutes from 1968-1973, as well as Latin American Studies Program records from 1966-1975.
Overview Records of the League of Women Voters of Carrollton-Carroll County, formerly the Carrollton League of Women Voters, which has been active since 1961. A nonpartisan and non-profit organization, its work is to encourage active participation in government and elections through education and advocacy of the citizenry. Records include correspondence, event planning materials, brochures, leaflets, newsletters, and other materials.
Overview Photographs, negatives, scrapbooks, and other materials of Benjamin Mandeville Long (1881-1973), the oldest child of two-time Carrollton mayor Henry and Lula Long. After serving in the U.S. Army, Long began a banking career in Cordova, Alabama in 1906. He returned to Carrollton in 1914 and worked in the Peoples Bank until 1917 when he opened Long Insurance Agency. Long remained in insurance from 1917 until the late 1960s when he retired.
Dates: bulk 1840-1973
Overview Papers of Howard Maxwell, former member of the Georgia House of Representatives, including committee files, legislative materials, campaign materials, photographs, awards, and other materials.
Overview Papers of Joe McGinnis, Carrollton mayor from 1993 to 1999 and member of the Carrollton City School Board from 1977-1993 and 2001-2013.
Dates: Majority of material found within Bulk, 1993-1999; 1971 - early 2000s
- Subject: Archives X
- American Association of Police Polygraphists 1
- Backster, Cleve 1
- Burford, Philip H., 1774- 1
- Carrollton Historic Preservation Commission (Ga.) 1
- Center for Public History--University of West Georgia. 1
- City Court of Carrollton (Ga.) 1
- Combs, Arthur W. (Arthur Wright), 1912-1999 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. Cobb's Legion. Infantry Battalion. Company B 1
- Confederate States of America. Army 1
- Fouse, Ephraim D., 1841-1913 1
- Gingrich, Newt 1
- Grace Lutheran Church (Carrollton, Ga.). 1
- Hall, James Hamilton, 1836-1903 1
- Hayward, Susan, 1917-1975 1
- Jackson, S. F. 1
- Long, Benjamin M., 1881-1973 1
- Long, Benjamin McFarland, 1827-1903 1
- Long, Henry Whitfield, 1855-1916 1
- Long, John Benjamin, 1857-1907 1
- Mandeville, Appleton 1
- McGinnis, Joe, 1936- 1
- McNamara, Frances Marion, 1914-2000 1
- Renier, Noreen 1
- Seabaugh, Mitchell 1
- State University of West Georgia 1
- State University of West Georgia. President's Office 1
- Townsend, Maurice K. 1
- University of West Georgia. President's Office. 1
- Weisskopf-Joelson, Edith, 1910-1983 1
- West Georgia College 1
- West Georgia College. President's Office 1 ∧ less