Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Overview Public and private papers of the second principal of the Fourth District Agricultural and Mechanical School in Georgia, who then became the first president of West Georgia College. His term as the first president of West Georgia College lasted from 1933-1960.
Overview Papers of Collus O. Johnson, an education professor and Associate Director of Adult Education at West Georgia College from 1951 to 1964. In 1967, he became Director of Continuing Education. He was a leader of the “College in the Country,” a program to bring education to the region’s remote communities through collaboration with the college’s faculty and education students. He was instrumental in arranging international “studycades” during which local educators and students to participate in...
- Subject: Adult education -- Georgia X
- Education -- Georgia -- Carrollton 1
- Educators -- United States -- Biography 1
- Exchange of persons programs, American 1
- Junior colleges -- Georgia -- History 1
- Fourth District Agricultural and Mechanical School (Carrollton, Ga.) 1
- Ingram, Irvine Sullivan, 1892-1981 1
- Johnson, Collus Oliver 1
- Julius Rosenwald Fund 1
- Melson, John Holland, 1870-1952 1