State University of West Georgia memorabilia
Scope and Contents
This collection contains State University of West Georgia memorabilia includes articles of clothing, an automobile license tag, and a toy train.
Conditions Governing Access
Open to all users
Conditions Governing Use
Rights held by University of West Georgia
Biographical / Historical
The University of West Georgia was first founded in 1906 as the Fourth District Agricultural and Mechanical School. In 1933, laws were passed ending A&M schools, which resulted in the new name of West Georgia College. In the years that followed, the college expanded its schedule of courses, experienced increased enrollment, and also fielded its first integrated basketball team. West Georgia began as early as 1989 to transition to university status, but it was not until June 12, 1996, that the college became the State University of West Georgia. In 2005, the name was changed to the University of West Georgia.
4.55 Linear Feet : (3 boxes)
This collection contains memorabilia from State University of West Georgia.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Most of these items were purchased by Myron House from the University bookstore for Irvine Sullivan Ingram Library's Special Collections in 2006.
- State University of West Georgia memorabilia
- MacKenzie Wright
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description