West Georgia College memorabilia
Scope and Contents
This collection contains West Georgia College memorabilia.
Conditions Governing Access
Open to all users; no restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Rights held by the University of West Georgia.
Biographical / Historical
The University of West Georgia was first founded in 1906 as the Fourth District Agricultural and Mechanical School with John Holland Melson as the first president. Melson resigned in early 1920 and was succeeded by Irvine Sullivan Ingram. On April 15, 1933, the Fourth District A&M became West Georgia College.
5.26 Linear Feet (5 boxes)
This collection contains memorabilia related to West Georgia College, 1933-1996.
Additions added by Jennah MacPherson in January 2021.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
These items were purchased by Myron House from the college's bookstore for the Irvine Sullivan Ingram Library's Special Collections in 2006.
- Guide to the West Georgia College Memorabilia
- MacKenzie Wright and Jennah MacPherson
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description