Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Overview Letter written by W. C. Adamson, U.S. Representative from Georgia and United States Customs Court judge, on May 26, 1927.
Overview Bowdon College was founded in 1857 and was Georgia’s first coeducational institution and fifth chartered institution of higher education. Despite continual economic hardships, the college survived until the Depression when it was forced to close in 1936.
Overview The Cobb's Legion Infantry, Company B, of the Confederate States of America, otherwise known as the "Bowdon Volunteers" was formed in 1861 by Charles A. McDaniel, the founder and first president of Bowdon College.
Overview Photographs and other materials pertaining to the Barr, Barrow, Jackson, Lovvorn, and Morris families from Bowdon.
- Subject: Bowdon (Ga.) -- History X
- Adamson, William Charles, 1854-1929 1
- Barr, John H., 1915-1998 1
- Barr, Virginia Ellen, 1938-2003 1
- Barrow, Hugh Witt, 1894-1950 1
- Barrow, John William, 1886-1951 1
- Barrow, Martha Ellen, 1868-1944 1
- Bowdon College 1
- Carrollton City Schools 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. Cobb's Legion. Infantry Battalion. Company B 1
- Confederate States of America. Army 1
- Fouse, Ephraim D., 1841-1913 1
- Jackson, Harvey Lewis, 1901-1976 1
- Jackson, Sarah Frances Barrow, 1905-1993 1
- Lovvorn, Thomas J., 1853-1935 1
- Lovvorn, W. D. (William Daniel), 1831-1900 1
- Morris, Joseph G., 1888-1981 1 ∧ less