Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Overview Papers of Paul Emden Blaum and his son, Paul Emden Blaum II.
Overview The Cobb's Legion Infantry, Company B, of the Confederate States of America, otherwise known as the "Bowdon Volunteers" was formed in 1861 by Charles A. McDaniel, the founder and first president of Bowdon College.
Dates: Approximately 1910
Overview Papers and artifacts of Floyd Hoskins (1912-2000), sailor in the U.S. Navy from 1930 to 1959 and Lieutenant Commander in the Pacific Theater. In his later career, Hoskins served in the CIA and as a professor of history at West Georgia College.
Overview Papers of W. Benjamin “Ben” Kennedy, history professor at the University of West Georgia from 1962 to 1999 and History Department Head from 1967 to 1971.
Overview Papers of L. E. Witt (1916-2003), World War II ace fighter pilot. Witt flew a record 326 completed mission in the Pacific Theater. He also taught Charles Lindbergh the controls of a P-38 Lightning combat plane.
Dates: Majority of material found within Bulk, 1941-1953; 1920-2014
- Subject: Soldiers X
- West Georgia College 2
- Blaum, Cynthia Allen 1
- Blaum, Paul Emden, 1916-1944 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. Cobb's Legion. Infantry Battalion. Company B 1
- Confederate States of America. Army 1
- Fouse, Ephraim D., 1841-1913 1
- Gingrich, Newt 1
- Hoskins, Floyd E., 1912-2000 1
- Kennedy, W. Benjamin 1
- Kiwanis International 1
- Phi Kappa Phi. West Georgia College 1
- State University of West Georgia 1
- State University of West Georgia. History Department 1
- West Georgia College. History Department 1
- Witt, L. E. (Lynn Elwood), 1916-2003 1 ∧ less