Showing Collections: 41 - 46 of 46
Overview Collection consists of budget files compiled by Thomas B. Murphy, speaker of the Georgia House of Representatives, in the 1980s and 1990s. Materials primarily include correspondence.
Overview Legislative papers of Representative John Simpson who represented Georgia’s 70th District (Carroll and Douglas counties) in the state House of Representatives as a Democrat from 1987-1996.
Overview Papers of past Mayor of Carrollton, Georgia State Legislator, and longtime West Georgia College administrator.
Overview Papers of professor emeritus of history and Newt Gingrich biographer, Mel Steely. Steely taught at the University of West Georgia from 1964 to 2004 and worked as a congressional advisor for Newt Gingrich from 1978 to 1992.
Overview Legislative papers of Charles A. Thomas, who represented District 69, which is made up of parts of Carroll and Douglas counties, in the Georgia State House of Representatives from 1979-1990. The majority of the material in the collection consists of correspondence from constituents and colleagues, committee related work, and house bills and resolutions.
- Subject: Georgia -- Politics and government -- 20th century X
- Georgia. General Assembly. House of Representatives 2
- Gingrich, Newt 2
- McGinnis, Joe, 1936- 2
- Boyd, R. David, 1938- 1
- Breedlove, Jeff. 1
- Breedlove, Kathryn. 1
- Garner, Joseph Wayne, 1951- 1
- Georgia. Treasury Department 1
- Hamilton, George B. (George Bright), 1891-1971 1
- Republican Party (Ga.) 1
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 1
- Talmadge, Eugene, 1884-1946 1
- Thomas, Charles A., 1948- 1
- United Daughters of the Confederacy. Annie Wheeler Chapter no. 391 (1901-1976) 1
- United Daughters of the Confederacy. Annie Wheeler Chapter no. 391 (2010- ) 1
- United Daughters of the Confederacy. Georgia Division 1
- Wood, Gus. 1 ∧ less