Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Overview Letter written by W. C. Adamson, U.S. Representative from Georgia and United States Customs Court judge, on May 26, 1927.
Scope and Contents note This collection contains original records from the Bethlehem Primitive Baptist Church in Bowdon, Georgia. Four ledger books contain minutes for the church's monthly meetings, and they cover the years 1844 to 1989. Each book lists the Primitive Baptists' beliefs, titled as the "abstract of principles," at the beginning of the book, and they all include member lists on the last few pages. The member lists were updated as people died, moved away, or were excommunicated, and every decade or so, a...
Dates: bulk 1844-1989
Overview Bowdon College was founded in 1857 and was Georgia’s first coeducational institution and fifth chartered institution of higher education. Despite continual economic hardships, the college survived until the Depression when it was forced to close in 1936.
Overview The Cobb's Legion Infantry, Company B, of the Confederate States of America, otherwise known as the "Bowdon Volunteers" was formed in 1861 by Charles A. McDaniel, the founder and first president of Bowdon College.
Dates: Approximately 1910
Overview This collection contains 187 cassette tapes, 31 compact discs, 9 VHS tapes, and six paper transcripts. The recordings are oral history interviews, speeches, and musical instruction and performances.
Overview Photographs and other materials pertaining to the Barr, Barrow, Jackson, Lovvorn, and Morris families from Bowdon.
Dates: Approx. 1870s-1936
Overview Photographs, negatives, scrapbooks, and other materials of Benjamin Mandeville Long (1881-1973), the oldest child of two-time Carrollton mayor Henry and Lula Long. After serving in the U.S. Army, Long began a banking career in Cordova, Alabama in 1906. He returned to Carrollton in 1914 and worked in the Peoples Bank until 1917 when he opened Long Insurance Agency. Long remained in insurance from 1917 until the late 1960s when he retired.
Dates: bulk 1840-1973
- Adamson, William Charles, 1854-1929 1
- Barr, John H., 1915-1998 1
- Barr, Virginia Ellen, 1938-2003 1
- Barrow, Hugh Witt, 1894-1950 1
- Barrow, John William, 1886-1951 1
- Barrow, Martha Ellen, 1868-1944 1
- Bethlehem Primitive Baptist Church (Bowdon, Ga.) 1
- Bonner, James C. (James Calvin), 1904-1984 1
- Bowdon College 1
- Carroll County Genealogical Society (Ga.) 1
- Carroll County Historical Society, Inc.. 1
- Carrollton City Schools 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. Cobb's Legion. Infantry Battalion. Company B 1
- Confederate States of America. Army 1
- Conroy, Pat 1
- Fourth District Agricultural and Mechanical School (Carrollton, Ga.) 1
- Fouse, Ephraim D., 1841-1913 1
- Gentry, Rita Pruitt. 1
- Gingrich, Newt 1
- House, Myron W. (Myron Wade), 1951- 1
- Ingram, Anne Gayle 1
- Ingram, Irvine Sullivan, 1892-1981 1
- Jackson, Harvey Lewis, 1901-1976 1
- Jackson, Sarah Frances Barrow, 1905-1993 1
- Lancaster, Mayhayley, 1875-1955 1
- Long, Benjamin M., 1881-1973 1
- Long, Benjamin McFarland, 1827-1903 1
- Long, Henry Whitfield, 1855-1916 1
- Long, John Benjamin, 1857-1907 1
- Lovvorn, Thomas J., 1853-1935 1
- Lovvorn, W. D. (William Daniel), 1831-1900 1
- Mandeville, Appleton 1
- McNamara, Frances Marion, 1914-2000 1
- Morris, Joseph G., 1888-1981 1
- Richards, Fred. 1
- West Georgia College 1
- West Georgia Regional Library System 1
- Wright, H. T. 1 ∧ less