Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1

St. Margaret's Episcopal Church records

 Collection
Identifier: LH-0060
Overview St. Margaret's Episcopal Church in Carrollton, Georgia, began as an "unorganized mission" in 1892. Over the next sixty years, it remained the smallest religious organization in Carrollton until the late 1960s when St. Margaret's reached "Full Parish Status." The Kennedy Chapel, originally the Episcopal Church on West Avenue, was bought by the Catholic Church and later donated to the University of West Georgia where it was dedicated to the late President John F. Kennedy in 1964.
Dates: 1989 - 2020

Filtered By

  • Repository: University of West Georgia Special Collections X
  • Subject: Carrollton (Ga.) -- History X
  • Subject: Carrollton (Ga.) X
  • Names: St. Margaret's Episcopal Church (Carrollton, Ga.) X