Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Overview Activities of the University of West Georgia Chapter of the American Association of University Professors (AAUP), a professional organization that seeks to advocate for academic freedom and shared governance, to define ethics and standards, and to support higher education as a beneficial contribution to the community.
Overview This collection contains commencement addresses for West Georgia College and the University of West Georgia from 1977 to 1993 and 2012. This collection also contains newspaper clippings and a list of commencement speakers for West Georgia College.
Dates: Majority of material found within Bulk, 1977-1993; 1944-2012
Overview This collection contains ephemera from commencement ceremonies for West Georgia College and the University of West Georgia.
Dates: Majority of material found within Bulk, 1964-1978; 1957-2003
Overview Scrapbooks, photographs, and documents about University of West Georgia history collected by a director of Alumni Relations at the University of West Georgia.
Dates: Majority of material found within Bulk, 1950-2008; 1907-2012
Overview Faculty handbooks published at West Georgia from 1961-2011.
Overview Correspondence, publications, books, photographs, newspaper articles, manuscripts, and slides created or collected by Jonathan Goldstein, Professor of History, during his 33-year career at the University of West Georgia.
Overview 135 scrapbooks created by the University Communications and Marketing division that provide insight into student activities on campus as well as campus, regional, and state history.
Dates: Majority of material found within Bulk, 1952-1970; 1939-1998
Overview This collection contains college financial audits and Board of Regents policy manuals. The policy manuals include the by-laws of the BOR. The audits were conducted by the state Department of Audits on West Georgia College, as the institution was originally known. One record of note is the state plan for the desegregation of the universities of Georgia. This plan was written for the Director of the Office for Civil Rights in Washington, D.C. by the BOR to provide guidelines and goals for the...
Dates: 1974-2006, n.d.
- Academic rites and ceremonies -- Georgia 2
- College students -- Georgia -- Carrollton -- History -- 20th century 2
- Academic freedom 1
- Baccalaureate addresses 1
- Carroll County (Ga.) -- Photographs 1
- Collective bargaining -- College teachers 1
- College integration -- Georgia -- History 1
- College students -- Georgia 1
- College teachers--Georgia. 1
- Commencement ceremonies 1
- Commencement ceremonies -- Georgia -- Carrollton 1
- Harbin (China) -- History -- 20th century 1
- Jews -- Asia -- History -- 20th century 1
- Jews -- China -- History -- 20th century 1
- Universities and colleges -- United States -- Periodicals 1
- Universities and colleges-–Georgia--Administration. 1 ∧ less
- State University of West Georgia 7
- West Georgia College. Vice President for Academic Affairs. 3
- American Association of University Professors 1
- American Association of University Professors. Georgia Conference 1
- American Association of University Professors. University of West Georgia Chapter 1
- Fourth District Agricultural and Mechanical School (Carrollton, Ga.) 1
- Goldstein, Jonathan 1
- Ingram, Irvine Sullivan, 1892-1981 1
- Pritchett, J. Franklin, Jr. 1
- State University of West Georgia. Faculty Senate 1
- State University of West Georgia. History Department 1
- University System of Georgia. Board of Regents 1
- University of West Georgia. Alumni Relations 1
- University of West Georgia. Faculty Senate 1
- West Georgia College. Faculty Senate 1
- West Georgia College. University Communications and Marketing 1 ∧ less