University of West Georgia memorabilia
Scope and Contents
This collection contains University of West Georgia memorabilia including a car tag and keychain.
- University of West Georgia (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open to all users; no restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Rights held by the University of West Georgia.
Biographical / Historical
The University of West Georgia was founded in 1906 as the Fourth District Agricultural and Mechanical School. In 1933, laws were passed ending A&M schools which resulted in the new name, West Georgia College. In the years that followed, the college expanded its schedule of courses, experienced increased enrollment, and also fielded its first integrated basketball team. West Georgia began as early as 1989 to transition to university status, but it was not until 1996 that the college became the State University of West Georgia. In 2005, the name was changed to the University of West Georgia.
.21 Linear Feet (1 box)
This collection contains memorabilia related to University of West Georgia, 2005-Present.
- Guide to the University of West Georgia Memorabilia
- Collection was processed by Jennah MacPherson and Madison Seyres in September, 2020.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note