Skip to main content

Vanishing Carroll County photographs

 Collection
Identifier: LH-0015

Scope and Contents

This collection contains miscellanous papers, photo negatives, slides, one CD, photo catalog cards, and historic images represented by copies of original photos, and a few originals photographs that were in the possession of Carroll County community residents, local libraries, and the University of West Georgia Special Collections.

Dates

  • 1860-1994

Creator

Conditions Governing Access

Open to all users.

Conditions Governing Use

Rights held by the University of West Georgia.

Biographical / Historical

Myron House and other faculty members published two pictorial history books using photographs from the community and from Special Collections - At Home in Carrollton (1995) and From A&M to State University (1998). This collection was created as part of that process and modeled after the Vanishing Georgia series of the Georgia Department of Archives and History. House used the same type of metadata card for each photograph as the Georgia Archives, noting who owned the original and attaching a thumbnail copy of the photograph. The bulk of this collection functions as a pictorial index to photographs depicting Carroll County history.

Extent

3.21 Linear feet (7 boxes)

Language

English

Overview

This collection contains photographs and records pertaining to the history of Carroll County.

Arrangement

The collection is arranged into series. Series I: People and Groups; Series II: A & M School and West Georgia College Buildings and Activities; Series III: Carroll County Homes; Series IV: Carroll County; Series V: Miscellanous Papers and Photo Negatives.

Immediate Source of Acquisition

This collection was donated by Myron House, former UWG archivist.

Processing Information

Records processed by Jennah MacPherson, 2019.
Title
Guide to the Vanishing Carroll County Photographs
Status
Completed
Author
Finding aid prepared by Jennah MacPherson
Date
2019
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin

Repository Details

Part of the University of West Georgia Special Collections Repository

Contact:
Special Collections, Ingram Library
University of West Georgia
1601 Maple Street
Carrollton GA 30118-2000 United States