Skip to main content

P.E.O. Sisterhood Chapter AE scrapbooks

 Collection
Identifier: LH-0104

Scope and Contents note

Four scrapbooks from the local Carrollton chapter of the P.E.O Sisterhood.

Dates

  • 1978-1993

Creator

Conditions Governing Access note

Open to all users; no restrictions

Conditions Governing Use note

As stipulated by U.S. copyright laws

Biographical/Historical note

P.E.O. (Philanthropic Educational Organization) Sisterhood is a "philanthropic organization where women celebrate the advancement of women; educate women through scholarships, grants, awards, loans, and stewardship of Cottey College and motivate women to achieve their highest aspirations" (www.peointernational.org). The organization was founded on January 21, 1869, by a group of seven students at Iowa Wesleyan College in Mount Pleasant, Iowa. Chapter AE was organized on November 29, 1978, in Carrollton, Georgia.

Extent

0.84 Linear feet (2 ov boxes)

Language

English

Immediate Source of Acquisition note

Materials were transferred to the University of West Georgia's Special Collections by the Neva Lomason Memorial Library of the West Georgia Regional Library System in December 2017.

Processing Information note

Processed by Russ Lenox, 2018
Title
Guide to the P.E.O. Sisterhood Chapter AE Records LH-0104
Status
Completed
Author
Finding aid prepared by Russ Lenox
Date
2018
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
Undetermined
Script of description
Code for undetermined script

Repository Details

Part of the University of West Georgia Special Collections Repository

Contact:
Special Collections, Ingram Library
University of West Georgia
1601 Maple Street
Carrollton GA 30118-2000 United States