Skip to main content

Carroll-Douglas-Haralson County Women's Medical Auxiliary records

 Collection
Identifier: LH-0100

Scope and Contents note

The collection consists of minutes of meetings and scrapbooks which contain newspaper clippings, photographs, programs, and other materials.

Dates

  • 1947-1985

Creator

Conditions Governing Access note

Open to all users; no restrictions

Conditions Governing Use note

As stipulated by U.S. copyright laws.

Biographical/Historical note

The Carroll-Douglas-Haralson County Women's Medical Auxiliary was founded in 1947. The first officers were Mrs. D.S. Reese, President; Mrs. R.L. Berry, Vice President; Mrs. Steve Worthy, Secretary; and Mrs. W.P. Downey, Treasurer. See Minutes, Box 1, Item 1, page 1. The date of dissolution is unknown, but no records exist in this collection after 1985.

Extent

2.78 Linear feet (3 ov boxes, 1 ov flat box)

Language

English

Overview

This collection contains materials related to the history of the Carroll-Douglas-Haralson County Women's Medical Auxiliary, from 1947 to 1985.

Arrangement note

Collection is organized into three series: Minutes, Scrapbooks, and Oversize

Immediate Source of Acquisition note

Materials were transferred to the University of West Georgia's Special Collections by the Neva Lomason Memorial Library of the West Georgia Regional Library System in December 2017.

Processing Information note

Processed by Russ Lenox, 2018
Title
Guide to the Carroll-Douglas-Haralson County Women's Medical Auxiliary Records LH-0100
Status
Completed
Author
Finding aid prepared by Russ Lenox
Date
2018
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin

Repository Details

Part of the University of West Georgia Special Collections Repository

Contact:
Special Collections, Ingram Library
University of West Georgia
1601 Maple Street
Carrollton GA 30118-2000 United States