Carroll Service Council records
Scope and Contents note
This collection contains the papers of the Carroll Service Council, including annual reports, brochures, by-laws, an editorial, policy and procedure protocols, performance review, and photographs. Included in these records is also a two-part company history written by Anne Ingram and Irvine S. Ingram entitled A Sociological Study of the Carroll Service Council, 1948 and Twenty Years Later, 1968.
- Carroll Service Council (Carroll County, Ga.). (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access note
Open to all users; no restrictions
Conditions Governing Use note
Rights have been transferred to the University of West Georgia.
The Carroll Service Council was formed in 1942 with the goals of organizing service programs in five areas: religion, public welfare, industry, education, and agriculture. Through these programs, especially those dealing with child care and cooperative agriculture, the organization had a significant impact on Carroll County during the Great Depression and World War II. The Carroll Service Council remained active until 1968 when many of its programs were absorbed into other agencies or had become unnecessary due to technological and healthcare advancements.
0.21 Linear feet (1 box)
Records of the Carroll Service Council, a non-profit organization that developed assistance programs in the areas of religion, industry, public welfare, education, and agriculture throughout Carroll County from 1942 to 1968.
Arranged alphabetically by file title.
Immediate Source of Acquisition note
Processing Information note
Processed by Sara Berry in September 2010 and Candice Larson in 2016.
- Agricultural education -- Georgia -- Carroll County
- Carroll County (Ga.) -- History
- Carroll Service Council (Carroll County, Ga.). -- Archives
- Depressions -- 1929 -- Georgia -- Carroll County
- Education -- Georgia -- Carroll County
- Public welfare--Georgia--Carroll County.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Georgia -- Carroll County
- Guide to the Carroll Service Council records LH-0055
- Finding aid prepared by Written by Sara Berry and Candice Larson
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Description is in English